Thursday, November 5, 2009

Portrait painting


Well here is one of my portraits I have painted.(excuse the bad pic I'll have hubby take a better one later) I have this hanging over my fire place. I have 4 more in line to be painted. I just have to make the time. I am going to paint an olde skipper ship as well. Right now I am in the middle of painting an olde tavern sign. One I have been wanting to paint for about 2 years now.

Please note these are not my own original patterns. I browse the internet and research books and paint items I like I do this with furniture too. Poor hubby... he has a list this weekend... I have already advised him he is making me a side table for my couch and a set of stacking trunks... I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as each of my projects are finished...

Well I am going to go for now. I'll be back soon. I am working feverishly to finish my tavern sign

7 comments:

  1. WOW, that is awesome! You are very talented and I only wish I could paint something like this! I'm lucky though, my daughter loves to paint and sometimes I get her to paint primitives for me!
    Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so wonderful to be able to paint whatever you saw..you are truly talented. Can't wait to see your tavern sign. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy,
    Really great painting. You have a gift my dear.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your primitive painting, I can imagine there would be clients wanting you to do "portraits" of their children in this style! I have to say the photo of your husband on Halloween is one of the "creepiest" costumes I've ever seen. Whatever that white flaky "skin stuff" was on his hands was very, very convincing! I always enjoy you coming by. Have a great week!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, THAT PAINT IS GORGEOUS, EXTREMELLY GOOD, PLEASE WHEN YOU PAINT THE OTHERS SHOW US, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog. meant alot!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you make it out to the Homestead or the Early american home...for their Christmas decorations...they are so pretty.
    I went to the Historical homes for their Christmas open house...but I was so disappointed with them. Did you go?Dianntha

    ReplyDelete