Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving is over



Well Thanksgiving day is over. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and filled up on some yummy food and spent time with family and friends. I myself had a wonderful weekend. My oldest son who is in the U.S. Navy came up to visit me. I haven't seen him since last May. He leaves tomorrow and hopefully I will see him again soon.

The picture of the adorable turkey is my niece Sarah. My sister dressed her up and took pictures. Sarah is her first baby so of course we are blessed with LOTS of adorable pictures of that beautiful girl.

Not much more to update, I am almost finished with my tavern sign, hubby is finishing up some stacking chests for me and a stove top cover. ( he loves me so much!!!) I am working on a gift for a Christmas exchange. I am loving it, it is such a great challenge. My partner decorates her home in vintage, so I researched a LOT for this gift and finally ran across something PERFECT to create. I always love to be challenged when it comes to my crafting, if I'm not I will tend to make everything look the same, so this has been the perfect challenge for me.

OH...I almost forgot, hubby and I have been working on our kitchen re-do.. Oh what a mess. I have (well hubby has not me) stripped down our cabinets to bare wood. (if you don't have a heat gun... I recommend getting one for jobs like this works GREAT!!) The cabinets are being painted a really dark gray/blue. I am distressing them, then staining. The walls are painted a butter milk. We'll replace the ugly linoleum with a nice 24" tiles in a cream color. I'll be sure to post pics when finished.

Well that is it for now. I'll be back soon to update...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy! My swap box is going in the mail today! I'm excited. I hope you like what I created for you, but the sewn project was such an adventure. I decided to make my own pattern and My sewing machine broke down in the middle of my project (probably from sitting in storage for 3 years and never being used for more than a quick repair) and I needed to finish it by hand. Anyway it's in the mail to you today. A day late, but it's going in the mail!
    Blessings Merry Christmas to you!
    T

    ReplyDelete